Monday 3 December 2012

Is it a bird or an orange beetle?


Christine’s exploits on her freezing cycle ride yesterday became reality for me this morning when I set off for work looking like a rotund orange beetle.  The rain on top of the icy river path made my journey fairly treacherous and with my dodgy left toe protesting at being forced into cycling shoes, I was nervous about taking a tumble.  Needless to say, I didn’t have any inclination to admire the scenery through the glacial drizzle.  I concentrated hard so I made it through without any mishaps, although I experienced the terror of a rear wheel slide at one point! 


My colleagues took this in disbelief that I'd cycled through the icy drizzle with a broken toe

1 comment:

  1. Glistener, you are made of very stern stuff! Cycling through icy drizzle, with a broken toe! Courageous: definitely. Daft - possibly, but I admire you for it. Thanks for linking to my blog.

    ReplyDelete