Friday 14 December 2012

A winter sunrise to warm the heart


As yesterday morning awoke, the sky was absolutely stunning.  I often ride into the embrace of a rose-tinted sunrise as part of my journey is in a South-Easterly direction, but yesterday it was breathtakingly beautiful.   The city looked as if it was on fire, the intensity of the red and pink dawn light creating a ruby glow over the timeless sandstone buildings.  It was so glorious I stopped to take a photo on my phone. It was delightful to hear that several friends in Cockermouth, 25 miles to the West had shared the very same joy in the sunrise too

Sadly, the phone doesn't do this scene justice

1 comment:

  1. I love that phrase, 'I often ride into the embrace of a rose-tinted sunrise'. We have had some beautiful morning skies recently - I've enjoyed them too.

    ReplyDelete