Monday 11 October 2010

My love affair is over

My love affair with Strictly is over.  I was prepared to give the new format a trial despite unpalatable changes, including the vacuum left by Brian Fortuna but when the beautiful, talented dancer and choreographer Kristina Rihanoff was pared with Goldie, I didn’t hold out much hope for my long, meaningful relationship.  When poor Kristina was voted out first this weekend, the sparkle died and with it, my romance.  The changes have been a step too far and there’s no hope of a reconciliation. It feels like time to move on and reclaim my Saturday evenings with a good book

2 comments:

  1. OMGah!! She was voted out first? What a loss to the program! :( I really miss Brian on the show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awful, Sarah. The trouble was that the public hadn't taken to Goldie - he was seen as a bit of a joker in the (highly edited) training clips and that hadn't gone down well. I was gutted for her as he had potential. I doubt he would have won but they could have gone much further

    ReplyDelete