Friday 18 June 2010

World Cup Weary

The World Cup has now begun in earnest and I'm already feeling jaded; the endless predictions, analysis and punditry leaves me bored rigid. This year however, we also have to contend with the incessant buzzing of thousands of vuvuzela horns.  A swarm of angry wasps would make less noise.  Now I admit that I'm no football fan but the constant monotone drone that drowns out any crowd noise has done nothing to elevate my levels of enthusiasm.  I am longing for the final when all the speculation will be over and we can retune our radios back to The Archers

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. I don't understand all the madness over football. I don't even understand all the madness over hockey over here (which may get me chucked out of the country...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee. You posted a comment!

    ReplyDelete