Thursday 19 December 2013

Worcester

Occasionally, I visit some previously “undiscovered” places with work, and this week included an overnight in Worcester.  I’ve visited the office before but as it’s close to the motorway, never had the time or opportunity to explore the town.  On this occasion, I still only had an hour in the evening and a walk through on my way to work but it was enough to get a feeling that it’s a place I want to revisit.  Thanks to geocaching, I could target my limited time to places that appealed to my  love of social history, including……. the Worcestershire sauce factory!

Memories of Civil War

Lock

The Commandery (Former hospital)

Lee and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce factory

Industrial heritage

Vinegar Factory

1 comment:

  1. I love Worcester! I spent my summers in a village just outside of there with my grandparents. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete