Sunday 20 January 2013

The flock is almost complete........


Nerea's birth sampler
Mum's Fire Screen

The Flock!

The women in my family have all followed a sewing tradition. My mother and her sisters created  beautiful embroideries as family heirlooms. High blood pressure when I was expecting Nerea forced me to relax with needle and thread and Nerea is now an accomplished cross-stitcher too.  Sampler sewing particularly appeals to me as the symbolism calls to my inner historian.  But I have a guilty secret. Started over 20 years ago, I still haven’t  finished “The SHEEP, the partially completed ovines offering a subtle reproach every time I start something new. UNTIL NOW.  FOR I AM COMMITTED TO FINISHING IT 

3 comments:

  1. You have announced your intent so that will help you in your goal of completing the flock. I like samplers too and own a couple that were worked by my ancestors. They've been useful in family history research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm hoping, Christine. I'm determined to get it finished and am not allowing myself to plan any more sewing until I have

    ReplyDelete