Friday 18 January 2013

Did I tell you I love our log stove?


Molly loves it too. (Ignore the empty shelves and bare plaster, please)
In times of austerity, it’s the simple pleasures in life that make a difference.  This winter, it’s been a joy to indulge in the warm luxury of our log stove.  Although I’m the self-appointed  fire lighter, Andy knows how much I love coming home to a glowing fire so if l’ve been working late , he’ll make magic,  creating a cosy and welcoming  living room  for my return. I can usually tell if the flames are dancing before I reach the garden gate, as the tell-tale fragrance of wood smoke assaults my nostrils as I cycle along the back lane       

1 comment:

  1. We love our stove too and I've just lit it. Far more efficient and clean than the open fire it replaced. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete