Saturday 23 June 2012

You never know who's reading this rubbish!


Yesterday, I was taken aback by something of a surprise when Andy and I rocked up to the entrance of Skitby, the venue for the Austin Friars St Monica’s Diamond Jubilee BBQ organised by the PTA.  For, as we greeted Alyson Rheinbach, one of the most generous-spirited and warm-hearted ladies I’ve met, as well as being the retiring PTA chairman, she mentioned my “Drabbling”.  It seems that she’d been “googling” and had accidentally stumbled across this miscellany of my mundane musings. I have to admit to being a little embarrassed as I never imagined anyone actually read these scribbles.  

So, Alyson, if you are reading this, let me just say a huge personal “thank you” for all your hard work over the past decade and more.  I know that Nerea has personally benefited from the fund raising endeavours of the PTA during her D of E adventures and life changing expedition to Borneo and for that, Andy, Nerea and I are enormously grateful.

You’ll be very much missed when you move to (warmer) pastures new for your organisational skills, genuine kindness and personal commitment to making the PTA a hugely successful and supportive adjunct to the school.  (And I know this isn’t a Drabble, but it’s my Blog and I’ll write as much as I want to!) Good luck, much love and best wishes for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment