Friday 25 July 2014

London Calling


As I found to my cost, London was incredibly hot during my visit south this week. I love to walk in London but by the time I’d covered a four mile trail, even I’d had enough.  Not only was the heat reflecting off  buildings and pavements but being mid-summer, the streets were packed with frustrated office workers, fractious families, shuffling visitors and besotted couples with eyes only for each other.  I even saw a bride in full regalia posing by Big Ben.  Bruised, battered and “glowing”, I raised the white flag of surrender willingly, once I’d found my intended geocache.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! Sorry it wasn't more pleasant for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoyed my visit,despite the heat and the people who stopped in the most inconvenient places!

      Delete