Friday 17 May 2013

Let the train take the strain.....



Highest mainline station in England at 1,150 feet above sea level

From the train

I allowed the train to take the strain as I travelled to a meeting in Skipton earlier this week on the Carlisle – Settle line, and what a delightful experience it was!  I cycled to the station, loaded my bike into the cycle rack and settled back to admire the stunning scenery, enhancing the experience with the seat-side purchase of a drink “off the trolley”. The return journey was just as relaxing, although the train was busier than it had been earlier in the day.  I shall definitely repeat the experience it was infinitely preferable to driving along the horrendous A65

from Ribblehead


Liverpool Leeds canal


Skipton Station

It's in the title - on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment