Monday 4 July 2011

Banana Bread

I’m unusual among my colleagues in that I like over-ripe bananas.  So it was with great delight that Lou brought in 4 speckled, brown beauties on Friday.  I exchanged them for a couple of my under-ripe (or raw ) bananas from my desk top fruit bowl and took the ripe ones home to make one of my favourite cakes, Date and Banana loaf.  I don’t often make it as Andy and Nerea barely allow green bananas to turn yellow let alone over-ripen. The smell of the cooking cake is delicious and fills the whole house with its distinctive sweet smell

Banana and Date loaf

8 oz SR Flour
6oz Soft brown sugar
4oz softened butter
2 beaten eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4oz chopped dates

Light oven to gas 3, 160 C

Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin

Beat the flour, sugar, butter and eggs together until combined

Stir in the mashed bananas and the dates

Pour into the tin and cook for about an hour until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment