Wednesday 25 August 2010

Pine Nut Mouth

At the weekend, I prepared my usual home made pesto with pine nuts which we ate with gusto on Sunday.  But then on Tuesday morning, I noticed a truly horrible bitter taste in the back of my mouth which won’t go away.  I ate a delicious ripe plum and it tasted awful.  The chicken for dinner last night was inedible and as for tea and coffee – totally undrinkable.  A spot of googling today and I’ve self diagnosed that pine nuts may be the problem.  I’ve had never heard of this phenomenon but I truly hope it dissipates quickly.  I’m desperate.

1 comment:

  1. It's now Sunday and I STILL have the taste although it is fading. It's been awful. I need to research the original source of pine nuts in future or find a pine nut free pesto recipe

    ReplyDelete